Sunday, May 10, 2009

The direction of my photography

I often agonize about which direction I want to take with my photography.

Just this past week in fact. I found a series of books at my library that were published by the National Geographic Society, one of which is titled "Back Roads America: A Portfolio of her People."

It's pictures and words of just regular folks doing regular things. Living life. Not even "fancy" pictures, just plain good photography. And I say to myself, "that's what I want to do with my photography!"

But the other day, I realized that that is what I'm doing with my photography. Photographing the Mitchell's at their farm. The folks at Magnolia making candles. The folks forming the new farmer's market downtown.

Regular folks doing regular things.

2 comments:

  1. Most recently I've been having similar thoughts myself. Presently, however, my photography has taken a direction more towards educating Galia, my daughter...

    BTW, I've also added your blog to the list of my favorite blogs ;-).

    ReplyDelete